The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to encourage a pleasant, courteous and welcoming atmosphere at the Club, which will be conducive to competitive and respective play and an appropriate sharing of the Club’s facilities.
Members are required to:
- Maintain respect and courteous court decorum while engaged in casual or tournament play.
- Follow direction provided by an event organizer, Club Pro, Club Manager, court monitor or other supervising authority acting pursuant to the Club’s program as authorized by the Club Executive.
- Refrain from swearing, screaming or physically threatening or aggressive behavior toward another player or players.
- Follow club rules in connection with signing up and retiring from the use of tennis courts.
- Exercise consideration for others in not monopolizing limited court time when others are waiting.
- Abide by Club rules in connection with appropriate attire, shoes, and membership identification.
- Respond politely and accurately when asked for proof of membership or concerning use of the Club’s property including balls, ball machine, etc.
Education and Process
A failure to follow either the letter or the spirit of Club Rules or Code may result in sanctions including but not limited to:
- remedial education
- suspension of playing privileges
- expulsion from the Club
Any sanction imposed may be appealed by writing a letter in support of the appeal to the Club Executive Conduct Committee. The Conduct Committee’s decision in matters of discipline or policy is final.